We are Recruiting an experienced Fashion Designer.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as fashion design or fashion merchandising
Study fashion trends and anticipate designs that will appeal to consumers
Analyse or predict trends in fabrics, colours and shapes
Visit manufacturers or trade shows to get fabric samples
Select fabrics, embellishments, colors, or style for each garment or accessory
Test fabrics or oversee testing so that garment care labels can be created
Decide on a theme for a collection
Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status
Sketch designs of apparel and accessories and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements
Use computer-aided design programs (CAD) to create designs
Produce concept and mood boards (a collection of items to capture a mood, such as photos, fabric pieces and colour samples)
Estimate the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information — Estimate sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
Present design ideas to the director, making in-house presentations, for example to finance departments and merchandisers
Work with other designers or team members to create a prototype design
Supervise the making up of sample clothing items
Oversee the final production of Your designs
Develop a group of products and/or accessories, and market them through venues such as boutiques or mail-order catalogs.-
Sell or Influence Others — Convince others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions- conduct sales presentations
Liaise with manufacturers (local or overseas) to make sure that designs are reproduced accurately.
Update and Use Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.- use graphic arts techniques- use garment construction techniques
Perform Administrative Activities — Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
Skills, interests and qualities
• Detail oriented -a good eye for colour, texture and shape &other details that can make a design successful.
• Decision Making & the ability to solve problems- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Team Spirit & Communication skills- effective in communicating -Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
• Computer skills. able to use computer-aided design (CAD) programs and be familiar with graphics editing software.
• Creativity. Fashion designers work with a variety of fabrics, shapes, and colors. Their ideas must be unique, functional, and stylish.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work —plans to prioritize, organize, Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others
• An understanding of the characteristics of fabrics and how they can be used
• The ability to spot and develop trends
• Drawing skills
• The ability to use computer design packages
• An understanding of production processes
• Commercial awareness